Our NSFTxx soft starters accelerate and decelerate motor loads smoothly, save energy and reduce system wear and tear. They interface with most (if not all) automation equipment in the market and are a favourite mechanical interface in many applications.
The NSFTxx soft starters are fully protected, digitally-controlled and programmable units. They are simple to install and are effectively employed in applications driving:
- Transport systems (conveyors, escalators, roller tables etc.) for low inertia loads,
- Pumps and compressors,
- Inelastic transmissions (gear trains, high-ratio belt systems etc.), and
- Fans and ventilators.
Main features of the line include:
- Generous x4 starting current and cooling circuit design provides for 60-555 A (starting, per phase), 10-90 HP/7.5-66 kW (at 3x400 V) loads. The employed 1600 VDC power circuit allows our soft starters to be used in up to 3x480 VAC systems.
- User selectable starting current limitation to control the acceleration torque.
- Complete and comprehensive electronic protection:
- Overcurrent: load current is monitored in each phase and the overload limit is set by the user.
- Undercurrent: to detect mechanical coupling problems (such as loose belts and uncoupled transmissions) and unloaded conditions (such as a dry pump).
- Over/Under-voltage: to protect against supply line problems.
- Phase sequence and integrity: to protect against dropped phase faults and wrong phase sequence after reconnection to the grid.
- Noise and line disturbances: protected against the high-voltage spikes and faults of the industrial environment.
- Internal temperature: to protect against cooling circuit failure, typically caused by a blocked fan or ventilation inlet/outlet.
- Individually powered, isolated, versatile two input user/control interface.
- Selection of fault handling, trigger/control type, profile, deceleration, starting value and duration, operation timer by DIP switch.
- Galvanically isolated bit outputs ("Idle", "Run", "By-pass", "Fault").
- Load current signal analog output.
- Overcurrent limit can also be set externally via the analog input.
- Small 24 VDC power supply to power a local sensor or other automation device.
- Installation-friendly, robust, space-saving "bookcase" style enclosure.
- Separate control circuit supply to enable separate/isolated power circuit functions and to prevent any power disruptions from affecting the unit's control and monitoring functions.
The individual model characteristics are summarized in the following table:
|NSFTxx line characteristics at 3x400 VAC
|Motoring heat dissipation
(worst case, no by-pass),
Units above 90 HP and for non-standard or medium voltage applications are offered on a custom, per order basis.
The NSFT/ICCD panel controller accessory enables the NSFTxx to operate in a Quamatic or similar network as well as integrating all the functions required for local operation.
||The line is also available in ready-to-install, completely assembled systems. Units over 10HP include a bypass contactor to minimize heat dissipation.
- The IP54 electrical wall-mounted cabinet is designed for use in an environment of <50 deg.C.
- The front NSFT/ICCD panel controller features a polyester membrane, carries the indicating LEDs, the two start/stop switches and the bypass contactor solid-state switch. Network connectivity is offered as an option.
- The bypass contactor is driven by the panel controller's solid state switch.
- A 400/230 V transformer sources the required 230 V control voltage thus eliminating the need to connect to the line neutral.
- Line and load connections are made to DIN rail terminal blocks.
Other soft starter products of interest:
Go to the FAQ page, download PDF Overview, NSFTxx leaflets, request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2019 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Motor Soft Start, Motor Soft Starter, Reduced Voltage Motor Starter, Reduced Voltage Motor Starters, AC Motor Control, AC Motor Drive, Soft starters, Soft starting systems, Soft starting system, Softstarter, Softstarters, Soft-starter, Soft-Starters, Medium Voltage Soft Starter, Medium Voltage Soft Starters, Medium Voltage Motor Soft Starting, Soft Starter Panel.