|iSFT Intelligent Motor Starting Panel Controller
The iSFT intelligent motor starting controller has been designed for demanding motor starting applications with the following features:
- Complete and versatile control interface to a three leg, six thyristor reduced voltage soft starter power assembly and its protection circuits,
- Four universal connection 24 VDC, galvanically isolated control inputs,
- Eight galvanically isolated transistor bit outputs,
- Four 5A contact relay outputs,
- Fully programmable parameters and function for each input and output,
- Fully programmable galvanically isolated analog voltage and current output,
- External Pt100 temperature interface,
- Fully programmable and versatile fault and warning parameters,
- True RMS measurement of each phase voltage and current,
- Real time thermal current calculation,
- Line frequency, phase sequence and integrity monitor,
- Complete integration within a Quamatic or Modbus (link in new window) network and other supervisory systems,
- Standard front panel cut-out dimensions (per DIN 43700), and
- Simple, self-contained, unattended operation by non-specialist personnel.
||Typical applications for the iSFT are:
- Control of high inertia loads such as large fans and crushers,
- Control of high static friction loads such as material transport mechanisms, and
- High availability, fully protected loads such as in waterwork pumping stations.
The iSFT controls the voltage supply to the load under the following fully programmable and user-configurable conditions:
- Current limited linear or boosted torque acceleration profile,
- Acceleration start voltage value,
- Acceleration duration value,
- "Kick" voltage value and timing,
- Deceleration duration,
- Deceleration start and stop voltage value, and
- Minimum on/off and fault recovery operation times.
The controller features a versatile two tier error handling system. Warning/alarm and fault conditions are configured individually for each controller variable and external event. Each warning/alarm and fault flag can be individually enabled and configurable in terms of trigger limit and delay.
The iSFT interfaces to local and remote devices via its individually configurable input, output, relay and network ports in an extremely flexible and versatile manner:
- Each input is of universal connection 24 VDC type and enables, disables, starts or stops motor operation,
- The Pt100 probe interface allows for monitoring overheating or freezing conditions further expanding the available control facilities and options,
- Each bit and relay output can be configured to represent a function of a controller variable or logical flag. Such a flag can be an operational state (e.g. acceleration), a warning/alarm, a fault or a combination of these.
- The analog output is a voltage and current signal. The magnitude is configurable in terms of offset, scale and signal source. In this way the chosen internal variable is replicated at the analog output.
- The network port is a dual standard serial type: EIA(RS)232 for local communications and/or EIA(RS)485 for connection to Quamatic, Modbus and similar networks and/or remote sensors.
|The interface to the thyristor assembly is efficient and effective:
- The six thyristor gates are driven individually and directly (no other device is needed), and
- The four configurable bit inputs interface to the assembly's fault, event and other signals.
(Thyristor assemblies are offered separately on a custom, per order basis).
The front operator panel consists of a large five digit LED display and four operator switches. It is protected to IP54 and is covered by a polyester membrane. The display is visible through a suitably transparent window and the switches are of the tactile type. The controller is designed to be fixed on the inside of an electrical cabinet door/panel with the operator panel facing outwards through a suitable opening.
All connections are made via removable terminal blocks at the controller top and bottom.
All iSFT parameters can be set or edited locally (via the front panel switches) and/or through the serial port (EIA-RS-232 and EIA-RS-485). The parameters can be set at any time while the controller is powered. In this way the controller operation can be determined dynamically (as in the case of fuzzy control).
||The iSFT controller is automatically detected when in a Quamatic or similar network. In this case, all data, parameters, settings etc are available on-line in hard real time.
Go to the soft starting FAQ page, download PDF leaflet, request further information or a quote/offer>
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Motor Soft Start Controller, Motor Soft Starter, Reduced Voltage Motor Starter, Reduced Voltage Motor Starters, AC Motor Control, AC Motor Drive, Soft starters, Soft starting systems, Soft starting control.