The BSxT soft starters accelerate and decelerate (BSFT models only) simple AC induction motor loads smoothly, save energy and reduce system wear and tear.
The BSxT soft starters are partly protected, digitally-controlled and programmable units. They are simple to install and are effectively employed in cost sensitive applications driving:
- Transport systems (conveyors, escalators, roller tables etc.) for low inertia loads,
- Hydraulic lift pumps,
- Inelastic transmissions (gear trains, high-ratio belt systems etc.), and
- Ventilator fans.
Main features of the line include:
- Starting current and cooling circuit design provides for 55-75 A (starting, per phase), 13-16 HP/10-12 kW loads. The employed 1200 VDC power circuit allows use in up to 3x430 VAC systems.
- Integrated bypass relay minimizes solid state switch losses.
- Electronic protection against:
- Over/Under-voltage: to protect against supply line problems.
- Phase sequence and integrity: to protect against dropped phase faults and wrong phase sequence after reconnection to the grid.
- Noise and line disturbances: protected against the high-voltage spikes and faults of the industrial environment.
- Internal temperature: to protect against cooling circuit failure, typically caused by a blocked fan or ventilation inlet/outlet.
- Activated after power-up (BSTT models) or via individually powered, isolated, versatile two input user/control interface (BSFT models).
- Available ramp profiles include linear torque, boosted torque, linear voltage (BSTT) and sine voltage (BSTT).
- Selection of ramp profile, deceleration (BSFT models), starting value and duration by DIP switch.
- Galvanically isolated bit outputs "Ready" (BSFT) or "Motoring" (BSTT).
- Small 24 VDC power supply to power a local sensor or other automation device.
- Installation-friendly, robust, space-saving "bookcase" style enclosure.
- Self powered from the 3x400 VAC line.
The individual model characteristics are summarized in the following table:
|BSxT line characteristics at 3x400 VAC
|Maximum starts per hour
Other soft starter products of interest:
Go to the FAQ page, download PDF Overview, BSxT leaflets, request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Motor Soft Start, Motor Soft Starter, Reduced Voltage Motor Starter, Reduced Voltage Motor Starters, AC Motor Control, AC Motor Drive, Soft starters, Soft starting systems, Soft starting system, Softstarter, Softstarters, Soft-starter, Soft-Starters, Low cost soft starter, Basic soft starter, Plain soft starter, Hydaulic pump soft starter, Hydaulic lift soft starter.