|INVDxx AC Motor Inverter Drives
Our fully protected, programmable and network-ready INVD inverter drive is a versatile building block in single and multiple AC motor control applications.
The INVDxx inverter drives interface with most (if not all) automation equipment in the market as well as all Quamatic hardware. They are versatile mechanical interfaces in many applications and are fully protected, network-ready, digitally-controlled, fully-programmable units. They are simple to install and are effectively employed in speed control applications driving:
- Transport systems (conveyors, escalators, roller tables etc.),
- Pumps and compressors,
- Transmissions (gear trains, high-ratio belt systems etc.),
- Fans and ventilators, and
Main features of the line include:
- Four types with 3phase, 5 - 40 HP (3.7 - 30 kW), 400-440 VAC nominal power capability. Models below 5 HP and above 40 HP are available on special request,
- Soft starting DC-link charge-up to minimize capacitor inrush currents,
- Fully protected, robust operation,
- Output dV/dt filter to protect the load, its insulation and to minimize noise,
- Versatile, multimode isolated universal connection 24 VDC control input and output interface,
- Dual standard serial port (EIA-232 and EIA-485),
- Full parameter programmability via the serial port,
- Local unregulated supply (24 VDC) to power the control interface, small sensors, solid-state relays and other small automation devices,
- Optional resistor brake kit,
- Easily accessible power and removable control connectors, and
- On the fly change of rotational direction.
The four types in each power category are:
- Basic: Controlled remotely via the serial port and locally by the three multimode bit inputs. User programmable control modes include "direction-up-down", "preset speed select" and "direction-enable-disable". The fault output is always valid and the configuration and operation parameters are programmable via the serial port only. The front carries three LEDs indicating the "ready", "run" and "fault" states.
- Analog: This is a Basic type superset with the addition of an isolated analog input stage for local speed control by potentiometer or analog signal.
- PLL: This a Basic type superset with the addition of PLL speed control (a novelty for AC induction motor speed control as far as we know) or open loop frequency control.
- All options: This is the fully featured type which includes the features of all the above types and offers local programmability and control via its 5-digit LED display and 4 tactile switch operator panel.
Multi-motor applications are very easy to implement. Any number of INVDs can be connected in a EIA(RS)485 network and controlled by a BAO-1 panel controller or other network master, all individually programmable by the supplied PC software. Using the frequency control feature enables the network to follow a master encoder or other similar device with minimal hardware. When the PLL feature is employed with local encoder feedback each unit can drive the motor speed under PID control with no other devices needed.
Inverter operation is determined by the programmable parameters and is controlled locally via the control input/output interface and remotely via the serial port. All models have full parameter programmability via the serial port and all changes are immediately effective. The available parameter groups are:
- Serial communications (network address, baud, time-outs),
- Operation (control type, acceleration/deceleration values, individual feature activation, start/stop timing, pre-set output values, fault handling), and
- Output waveform characteristics (voltage and frequency offset and slope, PWM frequency).
Protections are individually programmable and enabled. These include:
- Internal temperature due to cooling circuit or other hardware failure,
- Upper and lower line voltage (valid range is 330 - 470 VAC), and
- Individual IGBT switch overcurrent, protecting against all fault types (line-to-line, line-to-earth, DC-link short).
The accompanying PC software tool is used to set up, monitor and operate the inverter drive.
The INVD can be powered via its DC bus in custom arrangements such as this on the right. Four parallel-in, series-out connected 24/173 V DC/DC converters generate the 6 KVA, 690 VDC bus needed by the INVD to drive a 3x480 VAC motor load from a 24 VDC source.
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Adjustable Speed Motor Drives, Adjustable Speed Motor Drive, Variable Speed Motor Drives, Variable Speed Motor Drive, AC Motor Inverter, AC Motor Inverters, AC Motor Drive, AC Motor Drives, Power Inverter, AC Motor Control, AC Motor Controls, PLL Motor Control, Network Motor Control, Distributed Motor Control, Material Transport Control, PID Motor Control, dV/dt Output Filter.