The BAO-1 panel controller and logger has been designed for the distributed process/batch control environment. It combines local and remote control with production logging facilities under the following user-oriented characteristics:
|General Purpose Panel Controller and Production Logger BAO-1
- Simple, self-contained, unattended operation by non-specialist personnel,
- Complete master mode management and control of remote Quamatic satellites such as a CSNS sensor, a NSFT/ICCD controller, or an INVDxx inverter drive,
- Ten point calibration table to convert the remote satellite data to user units,
- Rotary encoder and material sensor interface to monitor processed material length, workpiece count and production time,
- Logged batch and accumulated workpiece count, length and duration,
- General purpose galvanically isolated bit inputs and outputs,
- Fully programmable parameters and function for each input and output,
- Variable setpoint and PID parameter controlled analog output,
- Running average filtering of all measured variables,
- Complete integration within a Quamatic or Modbus (link in new window) network or other supervisory systems, and
- Standard sized front panel enclosure (DIN 43700 cut-out dimensions).
Typical applications for the BAO-1 are:
- Large scale drying stations/ovens,
- Plant ventilation control,
- Pumpstation control and monitoring,
- In-line workpiece processing and handling,
- General material transport, handling and logging,
- HACCP duty in the Food and Beverage industry, and
- Production plant and machinery control.
|BAO-1 General Purpose Panel Controller and Production Logger
The controller features the following hardware resources:
- Four galvanically isolated fast bit inputs to interface to a rotary encoder and material sensor,
- Eight galvanically isolated, DSP filtered bit inputs to interface external events/states,
- Eight galvanically isolated bit outputs to drive local automation circuits,
- Bipolar voltage analog output port,
- Dual standard serial communication port: RS232 for local communications and/or RS485 for connection to Quamatic (and similar) networks and remote sensors,
- Triple isolated output power supply to the unit's circuits: RS485 net port, internal logic and external interface,
- Five digit plus sign LED display, and
- Four operator switches on the front panel.
The front panel is protected to IP54 and is covered by a polyester membrane. The display digits are visible through a contrast enhancing transparent window and the switches are of the tactile type.
The controller is parametrically programmable for the following:
- Bit output function. Each output can be a logical function of a bit input, other bit output or internal logical state or the result of a value comparison or function to an internal variable (e.g. encoder speed, workpiece count, workpiece position etc). The activated state is further programmed in terms of timing (wait delay, duration, or PWM repetition). The timing can be specified in terms of workpiece position thus allowing for speed independent material processing.
- Individually programmable display units for the batch and accumulated count, length and duration variables,
- Encoder prescaler and length conversion multiplier to define the internal units and accuracy of position measurement and control,
- Number of running average samples to filter the measured data effectively and efficiently,
- All network parameters ensuring reliable and optimum communication traffic with the network members,
- Operation flags (autorun/manual, enable/disable panel editing, displayed variable etc), and
- Analog output function. The analog output can be a replica of an internal variable or the PID control result to a setpoint value of any internal variable (e.g. encoder speed, remote data etc).
All parameters are programmable (separately or in groups) at all times while the controller is powered. In this way the controller operation can be determined dynamically (as in the case of fuzzy control).
The controller is automatically detected when in a Quamatic network. In this case, all its data, parameters, settings etc are available on-line in hard real time.
||The LCT1 is the desktop version of this general purpose panel controller and production logger.
|LCT1 Desktop Panel Controller and Production Logger
The BAO-1 and LCT1 are offered with accompanying setup and monitoring PC software.
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Process Control, Factory Automation, Process Control Instrumentation, Panel Controller, Network Controller, Controller Network, Distributed Control, Production Process Control, Production Process Controller and Logger, Production Data Logger, HACCP Instrumentation, HACCP Data Looger, HACCP Automation.