The following software has been developed for Quamatic applications and typically represents Quamatic's capabilities.
|Quamatic Related Software
The following assembly code units/libraries are available for the 8051 family of microcontrollers:
- RS485 net communications and buffers,
- 16x50 serial communication and buffers,
- calendar, time-keeping, timestamping,
- integer arithmetic of any length (2's complement addition/subtraction, multiplication, division, BCD conversion, square root), and
- adaptive motion control (cruising, homing, breaking, backlash compensation, static friction and elasticity estimation etc.).
The following libraries are available for the PC:
- QMC_ALM: alarm messages to operator at satellite,
- QMC_BITS: time and date conversion and processing, magnitude/unit conversion
- QMC_CLCK: system time synchronisation with the PC clock,
- QMC_COMS: satellite serial port communications including control commands,
- QMC_CREW: satellite station crew related code,
- QMC_HELP: help screen code for application software,
- QMC_MATS: production material handling and logging,
- QMC_MSGS: on-line message text table handling,
- QMC_SIDS: satellite identity and characteristics handling,
- QMC_STTS: satellite status handling,
- QMC_STUP: set-up and system configuration parameter handling and loading,
- QMC_USRI: user interface colours, message windows etc.,
- QMC_UTLS: low level utilities to use with satellite port,
- QMS_CLCK: Node real time clock and calendar maintenance code,
- QMS_COMS: Node serial communications and commands,
- QMS_UTLS: Node low-level utilities.
The following application software is available for the PC:
- QMC_SRV: Generic Node application. Interfaces to the Quamatic Node and oversees/supports the whole network operation. Accepts the production plan/orders, generates the job plan for each satellite station (from the production sequence data and characteristics for each product and satellite), manages it in real time logging all data and events (any state or data change of each satellite) and reports to commercial spreadsheet or database software (MS-Excel, MS-Access and so on).
- QMC_SAT: Generic satellite application which complements the QMC_SRV application and connects locally to the satellite serial port. Oversees and supports communications with the network Node, supports the operator in selecting from the available jobs in the station job plan, drives and manages local automation and logs (after timestamping) the production events and data.
The above applications use the following libraries:
- QM_DECLS: mainly job and order magnitude and record declarations,
- QM_DESCS: keys and description texts of products, customers, production sequences, jobs and other relevant characteristics,
- QM_JBITS: user interface to handle job records,
- QM_JIFCE: user interface to handle production plan and report records,
- QM_JORDR: user interface to handle customer order (or job group) records,
- QM_LOG: logging procedures,
- QM_PRTS: job priority procedures, and
- QM_RQSTS: data block communication requests and transactions between network members.
Quamatic software in the automatic collection and distribution of production data and scheduling of jobs.
The above application software can fully support and realise a complete Automated
Production Data System with the following parts:
- On-line, in hard real time, logging, timestamping, projection of all events, data and flows of the covered area,
- Distribution and diffusion of data, jobs and messages in the covered area,
- Job generation for each production stage/phase from specific item production plans or commands and optimised job scheduling,
- Ordinary and extra-ordinary reporting of various periods,
- Quality System documentation, and
- What-if statistics/analyses to minimise scrap, dead-times, set-up times etc.
Installing such a system assumes the following preparatory work:
- Definition and analysis of the covered flows, magnitudes and times,
- Definition and analysis of the production sequence of each produced item,
- Definition of the production stages/phases and processing centers,
- Analysis, definition and prioritising of the criteria used in the production optimising and job scheduling algorithm (e.g. scrap minimisation, through-time minimisation, processing time minimisation, raw material availability),
- Report and file formats to interface to other applications (e.g. accounting, Quality System, stock control, payroll),
- System file definition, their records and interoperability and interdependencies,
- Hardware and software specifications.
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Industrial Computer Network, Monitoring & Control System, Production Data Acquisition, SCADA, Factory Automation, Production Control Software, ERP, Process Monitor.