A Quamatic Node controls, oversees and synchronizes the operation of its network of satellites. The currently available LogNode also incorporates data logging facilities and can operate remotely, without immediate Master control and as part of larger system.
The LogNode is a DIN43700 panel mounted Quamatic Node with the following resources:
- Master serial port. This EIA(RS)232 port is connected to the controlling device (usually a PC), directly or via a modem dial-up connection. In the case of a chain of Nodes, it is connected to the hierarchically higher one. It is through this port that the Configuration Files are loaded and the communication with the outside world is performed.
- Slave serial port. This EIA(RS)232 port is connected to the next Node down the hierarchical chain. It can also be used as a general purpose serial port, a serial pseudo-satellite or a protocol interfacing bridge to another system. Typically, data that is not addressed to the Node and its satellites is repeated either to the slave port (if it arrived at the master port) or to the master port (if it arrived at the slave port).
- Net serial port. This is the RS485 port that communicates with the satellites. To simplify and minimize wiring, this multidrop channel is a true two wire system.
- Parallel printer port. This Centronics type port allows the Node to be used with process logging devices as well as providing independent records for cross-checking or message passing purposes.
- Real time clock and calendar. This resource is battery backed up and used to timestamp and synchronize the Node and its network operation.
- 1 MB Flash memory. This resource ensures power-insensitive, robust operation and logging of data over many sessions and long periods of time.
- 8xC51xx controller with 64k data RAM. This combination has proved to be robust and more than adequate for current installations. Nothing, of course, precludes the use of another processor and RAM combination, should the need arise. The Node operation is defined externally by the Configuration File and is independent from the processor type and available memory.
- Watchdog or sanity timer. This resource is an absolute necessity for the industrial environment. Its operation is completely transparent to the user.
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Industrial Computer Network, Monitoring & Control System, Production Data Acquisition, SCADA, Factory Automation, Production Control Software, ERP, Process Monitor.