|Motion Guard Universal Signal Isolator and Filter
Motion Guard isolator and filter for the Delta Tau PMAC
The Motion Guard line of interfaces work by isolating, filtering and protecting the motion controller from adverse external events.
The Motion Guard line interfaces to most popular motion controllers.
The devices interface the motion controller to the external world, filter common and differential mode noise and protect it from catastrophic voltage spikes, destructive ground loops and short circuits.
- Fully isolated universal 24 VDC connection to the external Home, Limit, Fault and Enable circuits for each controller axis,
- Galvanically isolated encoder ports,
- Each axis signal group and encoder port is isolated from all other circuits and is individually powered, thus enabling versatile, effective and efficient use of available power supplies,
- Fast, neat and "clean" wiring installation,
- Connection by removable, two-part terminal blocks, and
- Compact DIN rail mounted enclosure.
The unit processes the signals of all four movement axes at galvanically isolated supply potentials grouped as follows:
- Home, Upper Limit (-Lim) and Lower Limit (+Lim) position of four axes at 24 VDC (X+24/XGND). The signals can be either of NPN or PNP polarity depending on the selected relevant jumper strap position and handle most (if not all) switches and sensor output types,
- Encoder differential inputs (EA, EB, EC) for each axis at 5 VDC (E+5/EGND). Each encoder supply potential is independent to the other axes inputs,
- Analog drive outputs (DAC+/DAC-) and supply voltages (A+15/A-15/AGND and D+5V/DGND) at the associated controller potentials. The controller can also be supplied from the units connectors,
- Local supply (L+5/LGND) for the units own supply,
- Individual axis Fault input signals FLT+/FLT- (galvanically isolated from all other potentials), and
- Individual axis drive Enable output signals ENL+/ENL- (galvanically isolated from all other potentials).
All potentials are available at the units terminals and can be externally connected as required.
Connection to the controller is made with the controller's own type of multi-pin connector.
The unit LEDs indicate the status of the Home, Upper Limit, Lower Limit, Fault, Enable signals and the state of each power supply.
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2019 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Motion Control, Motion Controller Protection, Motion Controller Isolator and Filter, PMAC Isolator and Filter, Motion Controller Interface, Machine Connection Interface, Machine Connection Isolator and Filter, PMAC protection, PMAC interface, Motion Controller Accessory, PMAC accessory, Motion Controller Installation, Motion Controller Wiring.