|Self-aligning Narrow Focus Proximity Sensor
||Sensors built in a nylon M16 screw section (unpotted).
The sensor is magnetic and is designed to detect millimetre-sized features such as gear teeth. (It is a spin-off from a robotics project where we could not couple a robust enough encoder mechanism).
We see the following applications for this sensor:
- In place of an encoder where the encoder and its mechanical link is not a practical proposition. Examples here are use with linear gears/rulers and high-reliability, no-moving-parts operation in "unfriendly" environments, and
- In cases where the required resolution does not justify the cost and complexity of an encoder.
The sensor is supported by its own electronics (on a small board - similar to the Terminator encoder filters) and currently the system has the following features:
- Narrow-focus magnetic circuit to detect millimetre-sized targets at a distance of up to 5 mm,
- Self-alignment to up to 40% mechanical eccentricity, misalignment and/or wobble in the relative position to the target as well as drift-free electronics, and
- Encoder-like behaviour and interface.
This technology is offered as an OEM product
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Proximity Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Narrow Focus Magnetic Sensor, Motion Detector, Position Sensor, Position Detector, Gear-teeth Detector.