The CACSW integrated power factor capacitor switch connects a single- or three-phase 25 A power factor capacitor bank to the line, employing bypassed, zero crossing, solid state thyristor switches. Its phase fault detector can be used to either monitor the line for phase integrity or the capacitor bank circuit for fuse state as well as line faults.
|CACSW Integrated Power Factor Capacitor AC Switch
|CACSW integrated power factor capacitor ac switch
The CACSW solid state thyristor switches connect to the capacitor bank at zero voltage difference without any disturbing inrush currents. They are then bypassed by a relay to eliminate all thyristor conduction losses and are protected against overheating, typically caused by failure of the relay contacts. The control input is digitally filtered to reject noise and the unit responds within a maximum time of 2.5 seconds.
The CACSW is designed for most standard single- or three-phase line systems connecting up to 25 A capacitor banks. The characterizing features are as follows:
- Powered independantly, no connection to the neutral is required,
- Own control supply is powered separately at the control supply terminals,
- Overheat protected solid state relays switch the 25 A compensating capacitors in and out of the line at every sampling instant,
- Zero crossing type solid state relays ensure that each capacitor is switched in when the line voltage equals the capacitor voltage thus eliminating capacitor inrush current and extending capacitor service life,
- Switch bypass relay eliminates solid state switch losses,
- Sampling time of at least 1 second gives a maximum 2.5 s response time,
- Phase fault detector monitors for phase faults and/or blown fuses,
- DIP switch selectable slave mode allows stand-alone or operation under an external master,
- DIP switch selectable forced state turns the switch on regardless of controlled input state,
- Indicating LEDs show the power supply state ("PWR", green) and the switch activation status ("ENBL", yellow). The "PWR" LED flashes when a phase fault (or blown fuse) has been detected while the "ENBL" flashes when the thyristor switches are overheated,
- Isolated control circuit enhances safety and noise immunity,
- Protection against line overvoltages, faults and power circuit overheating,
- Versatile DIN rail mountable plastic box,
- Removable terminal blocks speed the installation process.
The CACSW interfaces directly to our VSPFC variable step PF controller and PFC1 fast power factor controller.
Our power factor related products are summarized here with sampling/small quantities being available for online purchase here.
Go to the power factor FAQ page, download PDF leaflet, request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
PO Box 67212, Melissia, Athens, 15102 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2018 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Three-phase AC Switch, Three-phase AC Solid State Switch, Power Factor Capacitor Bank Switch, Power Factor Capacitor Bank Switch with Bypass Relay, Three-phase Zero-Crossing AC Solid State Switch. Integrater Power Factor Capacitor Switch.