|SSR_ICCD Solid State Relay Integral Cycle Control Drive
Our versatile solid state relay integral cycle control drive accepts a 0–5 VDC, PWM or potentiometer signal to drive the target SSR with complete (integral) line half-cycles minimizing supply and load line disturbances and noise.
SSR_ICCD operation is enabled by two dedicated inputs, one interfacing to general function enabling dry contacts and the other to a thermal cut-out device. The enabling logic type (positive or negative) and the averaging period during which the on/off integral cycle sequence is proportional to the analog input signal are set at the board DIP switch.
The SSR_ICCD is particularly suited for simple heater applications such as:
- PLC controlled heaters,
- Manually/potentiometer controlled heaters, and
- Remote heater control.
The controller is powered and synchronized to the line by its AC input and connects directly without any other components to the SSR and control input sources.
The SSR_ICCD is designed for standard single- and three- phase line systems with its characterizing features
being as follows:
- 230 VAC power supply is protected against line noise and disturbances.
- External, normally closed, temperature switch is internally wired to cut-out board AC power. (The switch can be monitoring SSR or load temperature).
- Enable input logic (positive, ON-for-ON or negative, ON-for-OFF) is set at the DIP switch ensuring versatile external control.
- Current limited SSR drive handles SSR input problems.
- Analog/potentiometer input is protected against reverse polarity connection, shorts and out-of-range potentials.
- DIP switch selectable averaging/accumulating time of 25 and 50 line cycles effecting 2% and 1% output power resolution respectively.
- SSR drive integral cycle ON/OFF sequence is proportional to analog input and synchronized to AC power supply zero-crossings.
- Undervoltage detecting circuit keeps SSR drive off during power-downs and brown-outs.
- Indicating LEDs show system state, and
- Isolated control and analog circuits enhance safety and noise immunity.
The solid state relay analog controller sister product is used in SSR phase control applications while the integral cycle thermal load drive addresses more demanding, high power applications. Also, the PWM SSR drive is used with a DC solid state relay/switch in pulse width modulation control applications.
Sampling/small quantities of all our SSR interfaces are available for online purchase here.
Download PDF leaflet, request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2019 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: SSR interface, SSR analog control, SSR analog controller, Solid State Relay controller, Solid State Switch controller, SSR integral cycle control, SSR heater control.