The A8 panel controller has been designed for the process as well as the discrete event control environment with the following user-oriented characteristics:
- Simple, stand-alone, unattended operation by non-specialist personnel,
- Fully, field programmable parameters and transfer function/equation for each output,
- Complete, "seamless" integration as a slave to an external master, and
- Standard panel cut-out dimensions (per DIN 43700).
Typical applications include process control in the food and beverage industry, general material transport and agricultural systems.
||The controller features the following resources:
- 8-channel (with optionally 1 mA excited inputs) 12-bit A/D,
- 1 optoisolated bit input measuring pulse rate, period and/or count to interface to encoders or similar transducers
- 2 optoisolated general purpose bit inputs,
- 8 optoisolated bit outputs,
- RS232 type serial port,
- 4-digit-plus-signLED display,
- 2 front-panel membrane switches, and
- 32k battery backed-up CMOS memory.
The processor, an Intel 87C51Fx, runs at 12 MHz. The front panel is protected to IP54 and is covered by a polyester membrane. The display is visible through a suitably transparent window and the switches are of the tactile type.
The controller is parametrically programmable in the following:
- Bit output transfer function. The output state can be a function of the analogue inputs, the bit inputs and outputs,
- Bit output PWM mark/space duration. Each output on-state can be a PWM signal of programmable mark/space duration,
- Analogue input calibration tables. Each analogue input can be transformed via its own calibration table,
- Display index defining magnitude/state to be displayed from the panel front,
- Display legends for the bit inputs and outputs.
All parameters are programmable (separately or in groups) at all times (including during normal operation) via the serial port. This enables the controller to be used as a slave to a master which dynamically alters set-points or performs fuzzy control.
The controller comes with all the necessary software including a simulator for the off-line development of the system transfer functions.
Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2019 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Process Control, Factory Automation, Process Control Instrumentation.