|PFC1 Fast Power Factor Controller
The PFC1 power factor controller dynamically corrects low inductive power factor lines by switching in and out of the single or three-phase line compensating capacitors.
||The controller detects the load phase angle and drives its three-step output to switch in and out of the line compensating capacitor banks with response times in the range of 1 to 15 seconds.
This makes the PFC1 particularly suitable for very fast compensation of frequently started, low-duty or variable loads such as:
- Pumps and
The controller is fully protected, microprocessor-controlled, very simple to install, versatile and adaptable to all power factor capacitor compensation applications.
The PFC1 controller is designed for standard European and US, single- and three-phase, 50-60 Hz lines. Characterizing features are as follows:
- No connection to the neutral is required for three-phase models,
- Phase current detection with a standard 5 A secondary current transformer,
- Activation limit at 10 % of the current range ensures reliable, robust and noise-free controller operation,
- Three step output system swithces the compensating capacitors progressively in and out of the line at every measured sample,
- Dual type galvanically isolated outputs (24 VDC and contact) to directly drive solid state relays (SSRs) and /or higher voltage loads such as contactors. The SSRs can directly be driven by the 24 VDC outputs while contactors and similar devices are activated via the PFC1 isolated contact outputs,
- External control input to interface to external master devices or thermal protection sensors,
- DIP switch selectable measurement average accumulation/sampling time of 1, 3, 5 and 15 seconds,
- DIP switch selectable initial output state at controller activation while the first measurement is being made to immediately compensate known loads,
- DIP switch changes are immediately effective at the next PFC1 activation,
- Simple and intuitive four LED display indicates the measured power factor and controller status,
- Comprehensive error detection handles reverse current transformer connection, wrong phase line connection, out-of-range line frequency (valid range is 45 - 66 Hz) and line faults,
- Current transformer phase error compensation,
- Compensating capacitor time-out protection after switch-out to allow for proper discharging before the next switch-in,
- Protection against line overvoltages and faults,
- 24 VDC outputs are protected against overvoltages and are current limited, and
- DIN rail mountable plastic enclosure.
Our CACSW integrated PF capacitor AC switch interfaces directly to the PFC1 outputs and the external control input in switching and monitoring capacitor banks up to 3x25 A. Other power factor related products are summarized here with sampling/small quantities being available for online purchase here.
|Assembled, ready-to-install power factor correction systems in wall mountable cabinets are available on a custom basis.
Go to the Power Factor Controls and Correction FAQ page, download PDF Overview, PFC1 leaflets, request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2019 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Policy and About Us.
Page Keywords: Power Factor Compensation Equipment, PFC Controller, Power Factor Controller, Fast Power Factor Controller, Power Factor Correction Controller, Power Factor Correction, Power Factor Compensation, Reactive Power Compensation, VAR Capacitor Power Factor Compensation, VAR Capacitor Compensation, Lift Power Factor Correction, Elevator Power Factor Correction, Pump Motor Power Factor Correction, Fan Motor Power Factor Correction, 3 Step Power Factor Controller.