|Jolly Jogger Treadmill Control
Our Jolly Jogger control offers a simple, versatile and comprehensive solution in treadmill applications. With the only other external item required to realize a functioning treadmill, the variable speed AC or DC drive, the Jolly Jogger monitors and controls all treadmill activity for a safe and vitalizing experience.
|The Jolly Jogger treadmill controller, front and rear view.
The Jolly Jogger integrates all the functions expected in a treadmill application:
- Drives the treadmill variable speed AC or DC motor drive,
- Directly controls the slope motor rise and lower movements,
- Estimates or uses the available encoder feedback in measuring treadmill speed and travelled distance,
- Estimates or uses the available slope encoder/potentiometer feedback in measuring slope angle,
- Incorporates all user safety and operational safeguard procedures, and
- Features a simple, "clean" and attractive user interface with large LED displays and tactile switches.
All aspects of Jolly Jogger operation are set and controlled by configuration parameters kept in non-volatile memory. The parameters are accessible/set via the front panel display and switches or the board's serial port and the provided monitoring/setup software.
The controller is designed for 50-60 Hz supply lines of 115 and 230 VAC and with the following characterizing features:
- The speed controller (typically an AC inverter or DC drive) is driven with a 0-10 VDC control signal and an enabling or direction setting optotransistor output which can be connected to both, PNP (active-high, current source) and NPN (active-low, current sink) inputs. Practically any inverter/drive in the market can be used,
- The raising or lowering mechanism is controlled by independent 8 A relays and, as such, can be driven with any, DC or AC, voltage,
- The available I/O interface signals are the up/down terminal switch inputs, the speed/slope encoder inputs and the drive enable output. They are all standard 24 VDC types and optoisolated from the internal logic,
- In the usual case where some of the limit switch or encoder inputs are not used (typically the limit ones), they can double as a general enable by connecting them to a safety switch,
- The anodized alluminium front panel is 2 mm thick and sized 30 x 20 cm (11.8 x 7.9 in). The controller PCB is fixed at its back and with its 249 x 152 mm (9.8 x 6 in) dimensions allows for the assembly to "drop" into a suitably sized hole and be fastened with countersunk screws at the front.
The controller is also offered in retrofit form for popular, used third party treadmills. Current offerings include Technogym© and Precor© platforms and we are always seeking market/customer input in expanding the line.
|Retrofit boards for popular, used Technogym© and Precor© treadmills.
Sampling/small quantities are available for online purchase here.
Download PDF leaflet, Request further information or a quote/offer
Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd
22 Pigis Ave., Melissia, Athens, 15127 Greece.
Interested in representing, distributing and promoting Cognito Quam products? Click here.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2019 Cognito Quam Electrotechnologies Ltd.
Page Keywords: Treadmill control, treadmill controller, treadmill AC drive speed control, treadmill DC drive speed control, treadmill speed monitor, treadmill exercise monitor, treadmill activity control.